Sunday, July 21, 2013
Quick Overview: 2013 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive Outer Space Men Alpha Wave
- The set of 6 was $120, making this the most expensive Alpha wave yet at $20 per figure. Last year's was $50 for 3 figures, or $16.66 per figure.
- This was the first Alpha Phase to not come with any bagged figures with stapled header cards. All came in sealed bags inside a small white box.
- The box has no individual figure names on the outside.
- The sets were mispackaged with my sample - the figures came in the opposing boxes.
- The flags are not well made. The stickers keep coming unglued - you can squeeze them together but they begin to separate. Expect to reglue or replace them within a few months to a year.
- The Outer Space Women have difficulty standing due to their poses.
- The Outer Space Women cannot sit with their legs at a 90-degree angle.
Overall it's a nice wave - Colossus Rex is the clear winner (literally) and will be reviewed here on Tuesday. Gamma-X is quite good, but cannot sit with his armor attached. The Jack Asteroid and Terra Firma helmets are three-piece contraptions with flip-up visors. Ohpramatem and Horroscope share a bunch of parts, and the transforming head gimmicks work great. Horroscope has a two-piece head that separates at the tentacles. And I got work to do so more later.